No, it’s not really my birthday. But today is a very special birthday-like day. Today marks the 300th post on my blog! Who knew that I would keep up this little venture into cyberspace long enough to hit 300? I don’t think I’ve ever done anything else as frequently, which is simultaneously sad and something to celebrate.
To celebrate this momentous blogging event, here’s a little bit of bradpalmore.com trivia for you:
- The first ever posting was on December 12, 2005. In this post “Intro to Cody“, I discussed the theological and intellectual depth that was and is our cute little mini-dachshund.
- My blog started on Blogger, but moved to TheoBloggers when Randy and I started it up in mid-2006. The first post on TheoBloggers servers was June 13th, 2006.
- TheoBloggers was actually the second name for our company. The initial idea, and the first web domain that we registered, was Theoblogians. We were trying to get “blog” into “theologians”, which we successfully did. Unfortunately, it was a stupid name, mostly because “blog” is a short “o” sound and “theologians” is a long “o” sound. Fortunately, we were flexible enough to come up with something else.
- For the first 15 posts there were a combined total of 2 comments.
- The most comments on any one post was the post asking “Where are You?” This is sort of cheating since it was a guestbook post. The second highest number of comments was 23 on New Year’s Resolutions, although most of them were probably by me.
- In July of 2006, my blog had an average of 21 unique visitors and 186 hits per day.
- In March of 2008, my blog had an average of 290 unique visitors and 1287 hits per day.
I got into blogging as an experiment and wasn’t really sure what to expect. Three years later I stay in it because of the community that has developed and the ability I have to express and play with ideas that members of that community contribute to. Thanks for being partners with me in this cyber-journey!